Monday 20 July 2015

CONCERNING THE SMELL AND TASTE OF CHOCOLATE - AN APPRECIATION OF SPECIALITY BEERS




Having just consumed and enjoyed  a bottle of Saltaire Triple Chocoholic my thoughts meandered to some of the specialty beers out there. I always like to try these when I can, but I have drinking mates who decry these types of ales.

“Beer should be just beer, no putting in coffee, fruit, seeds or bats droppings!  Harumph!”

I disagree. As a regular beer festival goer, I frequently notice that it’s nearly always the speciality beers that go first. So what type am I talking about? Well, here are some examples which I have enjoyed.
Fraoch Heather Ale
Wells Banana Bread Beer
Batemans Mocha
Titanic Plum Porter.
Darkstar Espresso
The list goes on.
.
Usually someone will know I’m drinking one of these,  as my eyes tend to glaze over after the first sniff and then comes “Oh, that’s gorgeous” after the first sip.This performance is invariably met with a shake of the head from some fellow drinkers.
I DON’T CARE GUYS

These beers usually sell out quick so drinkers must enjoy them.

I’m heading for the Great British Beer Festival again this August so rest assured I will be seeking more like these – except perhaps the bat droppings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment