Saturday 15 August 2015

MEMORIES

There was an article in a recent weekend newspaper supplement about memory loss. A study had concluded that middle aged men who drink the equivalent of two and a half pints of beer a day risk speeding up memory loss by six years.

Well I try to limit myself to 9 or 10 pints a week, so that's me in the clear then , or am I ? Sometimes, especially if I order a pint of a beer I've not had before, I'll sit down and think, what the hell is this again ? Writing it down or taking a picture of the handpull seem to be the only way these days.

Invariably on a pub crawl , and being Master of the Coin * I will forget to order one of the guys pint. Having said that,   on our last outing -  to Edinburgh, I forgot to order my own !

I can usually remember pubs Ive been in many years ago, but not the recent price of any foodstuff. Well its a question of priorities, isn't it?

Do you not think its somewhat ironic that we can remember events where we forget things ?

Now where's that publish button ?


* As in Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment